Saturday, March 21, 2009

What did you just read???

As our little boy begins to talk more and more, I am sure that we will be amazed, shocked and wowed by the things that begin to come out of his mouth and the words he picks up. As I am preparing dinner on Saturday night March 21, 2009, I opened the pantry to hear Cade say "Bikick"?? I casually dismissed the gurgle as baby talk but when he repeated it and pointed to the Bisquick I was amazed that he had read the box in the pantry. We often practice words with him and read to him every day but he has yet to repeat a word without a picture. Where did he learn this? Did he read it? That is not the easiest word in the dictionary (ok, so it's not in the dictionary--I know). It may be a fluke that he knows this word ( I had him repeat it several times throughout the night) but a genius he must be;)


On the same night, Cade was playing in the backyard and getting into everything that is not his and nothing that is, you know, the norm for a 19 month old. As I constantly remind Cade that the BBQ is Daddy's and that he cannot go into the planter, he manages to outsmart me and find something new to get into. One of his favorites is the green drain covers in the planter. They are regularly found all over the house. Again, as I am preparing dinner and running back and forth between the BBQ and the stove, Cade walks in with, what else, a drain cover. "Cade!, how many times do I have to tell you not to play with the drain covers?" Cade replies calmly with his favorite number "five". Favorite because of 'high five'--any time you ask him a 'how many' question this is his answer. How can you get mad at that? Kaity and I just lost it. We are still laughing about it. Priceless moments....