Thursday, August 30, 2007
Big Bear Camping Trip
Cade, Kaity and I went to Big Bear last week for Cade's first camping trip. We went with Grandma Cookie and Grandpa Fred and Uncles Chris, Kyle and Kevin. Cade got to sleep in the luxury coach (with Mom and Dad of course)...truly roughing it for his first time. We were leery of how Cade would handle being on the road as far as his sleeping and eating schedules are concerned but he did very well. Although, it was difficult to get in any activities because he eats sooo much. At any rate, the trip was still fun and relaxing. I went fishing with Kevin and Kyle but the only thing we caught was a buzz. We also ate at a few good restaurants, one with a view of the lake and another right on the airport runway. Kaity and I rode the alpine slide which is a luge on a fiberglass track (instead of ice) and the vehicles have wheels (instead of blades). We raced down the track side by side, even though it is not allowed (breakin' the law, breakin' the law). I won the first time but Kaity won the second. Cade will love this when he gets older. Grandma and Grandpa also took a turn on the alpine slide while the other watched Cade at the bottom, each enjoying their ride on the slide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment